WE ARE HIRING A BUSINESS ANALYST
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly instalments. Lipa Later is a Pan African organization with presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a hustler mentality, ambition, and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Kenya.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group Head of Finance, the Business Analyst will be responsible for defining, computing and monitoring performance trends and offering analytics support to the different department’s functions. Through his/her skills and expertise, he/she will collaborate with other function leads to improve the company’s processes, controls and structures.
Reports to: Group Head of Finance
Job Title: Business Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of strategic activities within the organization including project management and support, compiling and storing information, and reporting.
- Own our business data analytics by creating new data sets, synthesizing information from multiple data sources, and identifying new data points, relevant in business planning, to start tracking.
- Drive data mining, extensive visualization, graphing, and development of new methods of reporting to aid in interpreting data and analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Develop and maintain dashboards for various business groups incorporating tools such as MS Excel, Python, database systems and PowerBi for clearer business insights.
- Develop portfolio analysis, balance score cards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in collaboration with different teams to facilitate performance conversations within the company.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to support different departments’ initiatives.
- Collect, monitor, evaluate and report on findings from different aspects of our business in order to propose and implement improvement projects for cost optimization and business efficiency.
- Work with all teams to create, maintain and improve standard operating procedures (SOPs) for key business processes. Support the teams in keeping the SOPs up to date to reflect the best and most efficient ways of carrying out their processes.
- Seek opportunities to drive innovation and process improvement within the reporting spectrum.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders and cross functional teams at all levels of the company.
- Conduct Root Cause Problem Solving on key bottlenecks and other inefficiencies identified while reviewing business information and key portfolio metrics and propose possible corrective and preventative actions (CAPA).
- Hold a Degree in Business / Statistics / Mathematics / Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years of relevant work
- Accounting / Financial experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality & accurate reports within demanding timelines.
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret data.
- Have good knowledge of statistical and data analytic tools such as R, Python, Structured Query Language (SQL), PowerBi and other relevant technologies.
- Proven ability to create insightful dashboards by use of available visualization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong technical and numerical skills with advanced MS Excel skills.
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma principles or similar experience in operational excellence.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) – ability to clearly communicate complex quantitative analysis in actionable insights.
- Great data visualization & presentation s
- Detail-oriented and passion for problem-solving.
- Ability to work under your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of relevant data tools.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Business Analyst-KE” and attach a detailed CV with the correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted to email@example.com.