WE ARE HIRING A BUSINESS ANALYST!
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly installments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a hustler mentality, ambition and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Kenya.
About the Role
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to analyze Lipa Later data across different markets. You will be responsible for conducting market analyze, analyzing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business. In addition, develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met.
The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also analytical and communication skills are must-have traits. In addition to performing financial and operational modelling, a Business Analyst is expected to develop new models that underpin sound business decisions.
Reports to: Group Chief Executive Officer
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for a business.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Planning and monitoring
- Financial modelling.
- Variance Analysis.
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders.
- Key leadership skill and strategic vision.
- Proven track record in various Organizations in improving financial related functions.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance- related issues.
- ‘Ideally’ twelve (12) years’ relevant experience in Accounting & Financial Management, seven (7) of these years in a managerial role.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of group consolidation in multinational entities.
- Experience with complex business structures and hands-on experience with sophisticated transaction mapping and design from an accounting perspective.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines – stick to time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability to perform rigorous financial, valuation, and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of ERP systems, Computer Literacy & proficiency in Accounting systems – SAGE and expert level of Excel.
- High levels of integrity, strong management/interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets and financial analysis.
- Able to interpret and clearly explain complex financial data to non-finance staff.
- Commercial and business awareness.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Professional qualification in CFA is a plus.
- CPA (K)/ACCA is a good to have.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Accountancy or Finance, Economics or Management
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Business Analyst – Kenya ” and attach a detailed CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted via the email below: email@example.com.