Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly instalments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a hustler mentality, ambition and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Kenya.
About the Role
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to analyze Lipa Later data across different markets. You will be responsible for conducting market analyses, analysing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business. In addition, develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met.
The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations but also analytical and communication skills are must-have traits. In addition to performing financial and operational modelling, the Business Analyst is expected to develop new models that underpin sound business decisions.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for different touch points in the business.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Planning and monitoring
- Financial modelling.
- Variance Analysis.
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or IT or related field or an MBA.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent research and analytic skills.
- In-depth knowledge of data modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of relevant business management principles.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to turn complex concepts into simple language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with senior decision-makers.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical background.
- Advanced Excel skills and entire Microsoft package.
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines – stick to time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- High levels of integrity.
- Commercial and business awareness.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Business Analyst ” and attach a detailed CV with the correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted via the email below: email@example.com.