Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa. This position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
Reports to: Business Development Manager.
About the Role:
The role will include the following responsibilities:
i) Account Management
- Support in any and all matters specific to our partners.
- Assist in building and maintaining strong, long-lasting relationships with partners.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits.
- Develop new business with existing partners and/or identify areas to improve.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Manager to identify and grow opportunities within territory.
ii) Partnerships Recruitment
- Developing leads with prospective partners and building a business network.
- Conduct market research and data analysis to help build powerful and persuasive commercial proposals based on the marketing objectives and the business needs of potential partners.
- Supporting the business development team by initiating, negotiating, and closing appropriate engagements with partners.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications Required:
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience with a minimum of 1-year’ experience in Account Management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in the field of business or related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Excellent IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience delivering tailored solutions to partners’ needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hustler mentality.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently as an individual and as part of a team.
If interested, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Associate – Nigeria”