Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will nor only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
The Collections Agent will support the Account Manager in ensuring that clients make regular payments towards completing their loan obligation and will also support the repossession of items that clients have defaulted on.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Organize calling list according to severity of delinquency – severity of delinquency here will be determined by the loan amount; instalment amount for short term loans (3 months and below) and client repayment history.
- Call debtors before Due dates to remind them to make repayments.
- Call debtors on due dates to ensure they repay.
- Receive and record all Promises to Pay from debtors.
- Negotiate for clearance of arrears/default with clients.
- Negotiate for most agreeable Promises to Pay from debtors – most agreeable are those to pay within 7 days of the instalment falling due for arrears and within seven days after calling for older defaulters
Who we are looking for:
- You have strong communication skills
- You are persistent
- You are organized and work well with minimal supervision.
- Your good writing and presentation skills
- Experience in debt management or microfinance will be an added advantage
- You are based in Rwanda (There is no relocation allowance for this role)