About Lipa Later:
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly installments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a hustler mentality, ambition and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Uganda.
About the Role:
The Collections Agent will support the Collections Team in ensuring that clients make regular payments towards completing their loan obligation and will also support the repossession of items that clients have defaulted on.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Organize calling list according to the severity of delinquency – the severity of delinquency here will be determined by the loan amount; instalment amount for short term loans (3 months and below) and client repayment history.
- Call debtors before Due dates to remind them to make repayments.
- Call debtors on due dates to ensure they repay.
- Receive and record all Promises to Pay from debtors.
- Negotiate for clearance of arrears/default with clients.
- Negotiate for most agreeable Promises to Pay from debtors – most agreeable are those to pay within 7 days of the instalment falling due for arrears and within seven days after calling for older defaulters
Who we are looking for:
- You have strong communication skills
- You are persistent
- You are organized and work well with minimal supervision.
- Your good writing and presentation skills
- Experience in debt management or microfinance will be an added advantage
- You are based in Uganda(There is no relocation allowance for this role)
If interested, kindly send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line ‘’Collections Agent – Uganda”