Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly instalments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with a presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, and Nigeria – with plans to open new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a hustler mentality, ambition and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Nigeria.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the Country Manager will be responsible for overseeing all staff, budgets, formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies and operations of the local business unit.
Reports to: Group Chief Executive Officer
Country Manager Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and oversee the overall business development, sales and marketing strategies and team.
- Overseeing daily business operations in the region.
- Develop and implement growth strategies.
- Formulating and implementing new standards, procedures etc., relevant to the market.
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Prepare regular reports for upper management.
- Set policies, processes and structures within Nigeria.
- Generating reports for presentation to the team.
- Aligning with HQ on Nigeria Business arm.
Business Development & Partnership Acquisition
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new regions, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services.
- Promote and present to merchants, retailers and other entities in Nigeria Lipa Later products to acquire new business partners.
- Identifying new business opportunities with key industry stakeholders and negotiating advantageous partnerships.
- Support in maintenance of merchants’ relationships to ensure continual growth and sales targets.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
Sales & Marketing
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team to ensure requirements are met, such as sales numbers and profit goals.
- Promoting PR/communication initiatives to maximize brand exposure.
- Formulating sales strategies and grow existing customers by obtaining new orders & scheduling promotions to increase sales through stores.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Training and leading managers and staff.
- Assist in talent recruitment and onboarding.
- Evaluating performance and productivity.
- Coordinate the development of KPIs and functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Direct the employee assessment process.
Country Manager Requirements:
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- Management leadership is required.
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
- Proven track record in marketing and B2B/B2C sales.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hustler mentality
- Proactive nature.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
Country Manager Nice to Have:
- Degree or Masters in Business Management or Business Administration.
- Experience/An understanding of working in different markets.
If interested, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Country Manager – Nigeria”.