WE ARE HIRING A CREDIT ANALYST
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly installments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with a presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a hustler mentality, ambition and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Uganda.
About the Role
At Lipa Later we are on a mission to build the most advanced financial services technology in order to bring significant value for our end users. We are looking for a Credit Analyst to oversee our company’s lending process in Uganda, from evaluating clients’ creditworthiness to approving or rejecting loan requests and tailoring Lipa Later Uganda credit to suit the market. To be successful in this role, you should have a degree or qualification in Data science, Accounting or Finance along with experience processing loan applications. Previous banking experience is a plus.
Office Location: Ntinda Complex, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda.
Job Description & Responsibilities;
- Draft models of credit information that predict market trends and patterns
- Team leadership and management
- Assess creditworthiness of existing or prospective clients
- Examine financial transactions and credit history case by case (applications, statements, balance sheets, legal documents etc)
- Complete ratio, trend and cash flow analysis and create projections
- Deliver a multidimensional perspective on the investment outlook in an accessible and informative manner
- Determine in depth the degree of risk involved
- Carefully analyze data and produce clear and objective reports
- Routinely monitor loans for compliance
- Adhere to country credit policy and guidelines
- Monitor corporate portfolio asset quality on an ongoing basis
- Continuous testing and monitoring feature and product performance and reporting the same to the Product Manager constantly
- Oversee product testing and iteration with a strong focus on user-centered design. This means understanding the customer’s needs and being the voice of the customer.
- Oversee product support activities and initiatives
- Identify new opportunities in the credit space in Uganda.
- Proven working experience as a credit analyst
- Proficiency in statistical packages and financial software
- Up to date with legal, compliance and market risk-related issues
- Ability to analyze cash flows, leverage, collateral and customer strength
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment
- BS degree in Business, Statistics or related field
- Background in Data science or Actuarial studies with experience in building functional credit models.
- Experienced in SQL, Python or any other programming language relevant to data and analytics
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Credit Analyst – Uganda ” and attach a detailed CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted via the email below: firstname.lastname@example.org.