Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Customer Service, the CS agent will be part of Lipa Later Customer Service Team and will be responsible for all interactions with our customers. He/she is to ensure all of the questions, requests, and issues of the customers are answered and solved in a professional way with customer centricity as our main driving force.
Reports to: Customer Service Lead
Customer Service Agent Responsibilities:
- Attending to customers issues through inbound calls, social media platforms emails, and chats.
- Customer management
- Customer retention strategy implementation.
- Provide product and service information to customers.
- Product pitches and education on our products to customers.
- Resolution and escalation of customer’s issues.
- Contract preparation
- Partner engagement
- Upsell & Cross sale products and services.
- Customer fulfillment and satisfaction
- Assistance in customer experience initiatives
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
Customer Service Agent Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
- More than 4 years’ customer support experience or experience as a client service agent
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional fluency (speaking, reading, writing, understanding) of Kinyarwanda & French required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
If interested, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Customer Service Agent – Nairobi”.