WE ARE HIRING A DEBT MANAGER!
About Lipa Later:
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in
monthly instalments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with a presence across Kenya,
Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company
is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders
with a hustler mentality, ambition and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position
is based in Nigeria.
About the Role:
We are looking to recruit a results-oriented Debt Manager, who is a strong negotiator, able to work
in a very fast-paced environment and adapt to situations. This individual should bare the
experience and capability to collect accounts in compliance with all applicable regulations and
internal performance standards in order to meet personal and team goal objectives.
Reports to: Head of Collections
Key responsibilities will include:
● Organize calling list according to severity of delinquency – severity of delinquency here will be
determined by the loan amount; instalment amount for short term loans (3 months and below) and
client repayment history.
● Call debtors before Due dates to remind them to make repayments
● Call debtors on due dates to ensure they repay
● Receive and record all Promises to Pay from debtors
● Negotiate for clearance of arrears/default with clients
● Negotiate for most agreeable Promises to Pay from debtors – most agreeable are those to pay within
7 days of the instalment falling due for arrears and within seven days after calling for older
● Daily update Individual Collection Portfolio records – that is repayments made, Promises to Pay
made, demand notices sent, accounts recommended for repossession● Ensure demand notices for debtors who did not keep their Promises to Pay are sent in a timely
manner as per policy.
● Follow up on Promises to Pay received.
● Recommend clients to be repossessed based on response so far received and the debt collection
● Conduct repossessions on defaulted accounts as per plan
Who we are looking for:
● At least two (2) years’ experience in Debt Collection with at least One (1) years’ experience in
● Proficiency in MS Office
● Proficiency in usage of debt record databases
● A good and clear speaker
● A good listener
● An aggressive individual
● A persistent individual
● Works well with minimal supervision
● Report writing and presentation skills
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please
submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Debt Manager – Nigeria” and attach a
detailed CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs \should
be submitted via the email below: email@example.com.