Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers.The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will nor only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Lead, the Full Stack Developer will be responsible for:
- Adding new features to our consumer-facing web applications
- Help scale and maintain our Core Platform
- Work on Third-Party integrations
- Build libraries and tools for online merchants
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience
- 2+ years working with SQL and NoSql Databases
- 2+ years’ experience optimizing front end performance
- Experience with Ruby On Rails
- Experience with React
- Experience with Bootstrap