WE ARE HIRING A HEAD OF MARKETING AT LIPA LATER GROUP!
Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly instalments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa. This position is based in Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
The overall objective of this role is to take responsibility for overall marketing results of the organization in all regions. They will oversee marketing strategies and efforts in order to strengthen the company’s market position and achieve desired business goals. This leader will create and execute innovative marketing strategies to profitably increase revenue and grow the brand.
Head of Marketing Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness.
- Lead, manage and drive the overall marketing strategy of Lipa Later Group across African regions.
- Analyzing existing branding and marketing strategies and improving upon them.
- Set current and long-term goals for internal teams.
- Design and review the Marketing department’s budget. Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and yearly budgets, and allocating resources appropriately.
- Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies.
- Monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary.
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics.
- Supervising marketing events and launches and using these spaces to network with industry professionals.
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events.
- Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing department.
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives.
- Track competitors’ activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations and reports.
- Key leadership and strategic vision.
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Manager, Marketing Director or other senior roles.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics and Google AdWords.
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strategic mind-set, with ability to make difficult decisions.
- Ability to manage functions across different markets from a Marketing perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- BSc degree in Marketing, Communications, PR or relevant field.
- At least six (6) years of marketing experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in the design and implementation of successful marketing campaign(s).
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Head of Marketing – Kenya ” and attach a detailed CV with correct email address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted via the email below: firstname.lastname@example.org