WE ARE HIRING AN INVERTOR RELATIONS ASSOCIATE NIGERIA!
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly installments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with presence in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria, Tanzania and South Africa – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Nigeria.
About the Role
The IR associate will be responsible for business development and managing Investor relationships which involves advising Investors and keeping them updated on their investment progress until maturity, upcoming opportunities to invest, new competitive investment packages and related company updates.
Reports to: IR Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Business development/Funds mobilization
- Identifying potential investors/new business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals and on boarding new Investors (HNIs and corporates)
- Monitoring the market/competitor activity
- Reaching out and new business in form of top ups from existing investors
- Networking and working with people to get referrals
- Finding creative new approaches to business problems as they arise
- Developing lucrative incentives and bonus packages for third party referrals
- Planning and going for Investor meetings with current and new Investors as need be
- Emailing Investors to interest them with our investment opportunities
- Procuring introductions and referrals to new investors
- Researching on new investors on LinkedIn and other online platforms prior to reaching out and to meeting them
New Investors (After Contract signing)
- Planning and going for Investor meetings as need be
- Emailing Investors, a welcome onboard email to ensure a happy onboarding experience
- Acknowledging receipt of Investments by Investors once they deposit to the Company account
Maintaining Investors after onboarding
- Working with supervisor to provide feedback to investors on updates on their investments and general inquiries
- Communication liaison between finance and Investors regarding payment plans and dates or payments for matured investments – payment plans, pd cheques,payment advices, letters and emails
- Calling Investors to find out whether they are interested in topping up their investments
- Building rapport with Investors – Calling/emailing Investors to check up on them and ensure that they are happy with the growth of their investments with us
Investments Reports (Finance function)
- Planning on a quarterly basis on repayments according to the available budgetary allocation
- Planning on a monthly basis on operation costs (transport, airtime etc)
- Preparing the master Aging sheet and updating it regularly
- Preparing and sharing with finance the following reports at the end of every month Investments raised for each month against targets, funds pipeline.
- Drafting Investment Contracts
- Keeping and updating Investor information records – amounts, dates of Investments, rates, contact information etc.
- Procuring KYC information and withdrawal forms from Investor.
- Degree in Arts or any Business-related course
- 3 -5 years’ experience working with Banks or Financial institutions HNIs to MO
- Experience fundraising for Startups is an added advantage.
- Ability to build relationships and manage premier relationships
- Solid knowledge of Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of financial products
- Attention to detail.
- Organized with ability to work well with minimal supervision.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Investor relations Associate – Nigeria” and attach a detailed CV with the correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted to “email@example.com”