Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly instalments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa. This position is based in Nigeria.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. By joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
As a Junior Accountant at Lipa Later, you’ll be working in our Nigeria branch. Ultimately, will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. As well, recommend tax strategies that comply with laws and promote the company’s financial well-being in Nigeria.
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Key responsibilities will include:
- Expense Management
- Statutory Compliance
- Preparation of payables reconciliations for Suppliers and Partners
- Financial Reporting
- Confirming loans details on the loan payment vouchers against entries in the loan management system.
- Filling and retrieval of all payment vouchers relating to loans and expenses.
- Weekly reconciliation of Petty cash transactions and posting entries in the accounting system.
- Fully support the Business Development Manager during the reporting and consolidation process.
- Aid in ensuring reliability and integrity of the accounting system reporting.
- Analysis of actual vs budgeted figures and query variances.
- Working closely with auditors and ensuring this is done on a timely basis.
- Documenting procedures and maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Advising the company on regulatory compliance issues
- Representing the company in all tax matters for the subsidiary
- Filing tax obligations for the subsidiary on a monthly/ quarterly and annual basis
- Advising the company on effective utilization of resources in the subsidiary
- Playing a pivotal role on the subsidiary year end audit process
- Ad-hoc tasks required by the finance team (e.g. tax preparation).
Qualifications and skills, we are looking for:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant accounting software
- Bachelor’s Degrees in the following subjects- Accounting or Finance