WE ARE HIRING A MARKETING MANAGER!
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly installments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a hustler mentality, ambition and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Kenya.
About the Role
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to play the role of Marketing Manager, Kenya. The individual will be responsible for owning and driving the marketing strategy in the country. They will be the lead in execution of all marketing activities as well as advise and guide the management on what works best in country. They will ensure that the marketing content that goes live will be relevant to consumer and will drive brand love and conversions.
Reports to: VP of Marketing
Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
Own & implement the marketing strategy
- Create and distribute content that is remarkable and leads to both sales and brand love.
- Revise the guidelines we use to create social media content, based on: a) what resonates most with customer from previous posts; b) external research on how to create compelling social media content for our audience.
- Ensure that they adopt and make relevant changes to the PR strategy in market that will be able to drive the goal of being top of mind for consumers.
- Revise the guidelines we use to create for successful ads on our digital platforms (based on same criteria as above)
- Ensure we have compelling digital content on a weekly basis relevant to Kenya that achieve sales targets while building brand awareness and brand love.
- Implement out-of-the home marketing campaigns liaise with the agency for quality supervision, find partnerships to enable implementation (billboard vendors, other channels vendors etc.).
- Continuously improve our channel strategy, making sure we are always finding new and effective ways to reach our customers, including both digital and traditional channels.
- Identify new channels to be added to our portfolio, to be validated by research and analysis of customer behavior.
- Advise and improve on channels that involve re-engaging customers (e.g., newsletters, SMS or any other that will work in Kenya.
- Define and implement initiatives to improve the productivity of current channels (social media, google).
- E.g., creating/advising on customer / look-alike audiences on Facebook / Instagram.
- E.g., Managing re-design of the website/marketplace to enables us to collect more leads and increase sales on that channel.
Measure and achieve key targets
- Continuously review key results, with a focus on achieving targets of reach and sign ups achieved.
- Use weekly reviews to closely monitor and respond to key results.
- Define and measure baseline for brand awareness and brand love.
- Set target for cost per lead and key metrics for brand-awareness to be achieved and meet this target.
- Analyze performance of marketing activities and identify drivers of each activity’s ability to meet the desired targets.
- Conduct monthly analysis of performance and present the key learnings to the VP of Marketing.
- Based on analysis, define initiatives to get us to meet or exceed the targets.
- Manage the budget for all marketing activities, including digital advertising, offline advertising, and content production.
Manage internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and manage service providers to help us achieve our goals, e.g., media stations, ad agencies, partners.
- Identify improvements needed in related parts of the business (e.g., customer care, tech) to help us meet our overall sales targets, or to ensure the success of the marketing initiatives in place.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a brand management role or above handling end to end brand management and marketing.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills, by being able to execute on multiple projects at a time, meet deadlines, and create work of high quality.
- Demonstrate strong people management skills, including managing partners and suppliers.
- Strong brand management skills.
- Understanding of key marketing metrics for both brand building and marketing.
- Knowledge and experience of using both traditional and digital marketing platforms.
- Plan your time to work effectively and productively with little or no supervision.
- Continuously identify and implement improvements to the marketing strategy.
- Demonstrate 100% ownership of your work, by independently taking initiative to solve problems and support the team.
- Willingness to continuously grow and learn, receiving feedback with a positive mindset.
- Demonstrate strong analytical thinking in your written work and decision-making
Good to Have:
- Ability to create ads on Facebook, Instagram and Google.
- Ability to understand analytics and guide on SEO.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or in a related field.
- Professional qualification digital marketing will be an added advantage.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Marketing Manager ” and attach a detailed CV with the correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted via the email below: firstname.lastname@example.org.