Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
Lipa Later is growing, and we are currently looking to expand into new regions and markets. The holder of this position will report directly to the Group Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for designing and managing the process of scaling the organization’s business presence to new regions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing market strategies for new country development programs.
- Market entry strategy and implementation.
- Performing feasibility studies inclusive of potential partnerships to ensure the success of new markets including legal, local government regulations, and business setup process.
- Identifying new business opportunities with key industry stakeholders and negotiating advantageous partnerships.
- Formulating and implementing new standards, procedures, etc., relevant to the new market/country.
- Implementing systems, procedures, and strategies are relevant to the new market/country.
- Kick start sales and marketing operations in the new market.
- Perform competitor analysis, new partnerships negotiations; and other relevant stakeholder negotiations, etc.
- Build and manage teams in the new region(s).
- Coordinate the rollout of new products and team expansion in conjunction with the Head Office.
Who we are looking for:
- You have at least 5 years’ experience working in business and strategic management or entrepreneurial background. Experience working in different markets is an added advantage.
- You have proven experience in developing new retail markets, including new countries, new business development, new brand/product development, etc.
- You possess sound financial management and strong analytical skills.
- You are comfortable with regular travel to different locations and regions.
- You have strong people management skills and know how to get the best out of your team.
- You are resourceful and are capable of getting work done with limited experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hustler mentality.
- You have past experience working in a multi-cultural team and have an appreciation of other cultures & values.
- You are highly organized and excel at meeting deadlines.
If interested, kindly send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “New Markets Manager Africa” by 31st July 2020.