WE ARE HIRING A QUALITY ASSUARANCE ENGINEER!
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly installments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria – with plans of opening new markets in the near future. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with a hustler mentality, ambition and desire to rapidly build a Pan African business. This position is based in Kenya.
Reports to: Tech Lead
- Create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality and functionality
- Provide detailed status reports for a wide range of stakeholders
- Bug triage and defect tracking
- Test execution and automation
- Communication with a wide range of stakeholders (users, other technical teams and management) to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and/or tools as needed to support the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Software QA testing experience
- Demonstrated experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools
- Experience testing backend services such as APIs, Databases
- Demonstrated experience creating status reports based on automation results
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams.
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
- Experience with load test
- Define a test methodology across different products. Analyze device system performance vs. expected results
- Develop quality validation and test plans for consumer electronic device experience from proof-of-concept to mass production.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment, in close contact with development and business teams to understand business requirements and to communicate problem impacts, cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Quality Assurance Engineer” and attach a detailed CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted via the email below: email@example.com.